Many issues that industries are facing can be efficiently solved with existing technologies nowadays. The most critical factor for Industry is thus the access to this untapped potential from the external innovators while the latter have little knowledge of the actual problems that Industry is facing.
In Industry 4.0, humans, physical and digital systems work together in an entirely new way. Robotics and other equipment remotely communicate with each other without or with little input from human operators. Large amount of data can be collected and harnessed efficiently thanks to the power of machine learning and visualisation.
For the cross-pitch event, we expect EIT RawMaterials partners and Baltic companies to pitch about the challenges and to mentor pre-selected startups and idea holders.
To make this symbiosis a success, we plan the following:
- Keynote Session on the topics of Industry 4.0, Mining and Mineral Processing.
- Start-up pitching & Match-Making Session: Idea holders and start-ups will pitch their solutions to Industry.
- Final Pitching Competition: Teams will pitch their solutions linked to concrete Industrial challenges to the judging panel;
- Solutions Pitching Competition: Teams will pitch their solutions linked to concrete Industrial challenges to the judging panel;
- Prototron offers 10 000€ of prototyping grant.
- EIT RawMaterials offers an immediate prize of 5 000€ plus a fast track to their Acceleration program.
- Geological Survey of Finland (GTK) offers to the suitable team a piloting test at their Mineral Processing Plant, in form of co-funding with EIT RawMaterials Booster Funding up to 50 000€
- Level11 programme: Level11 programme offers 6-9 months acceleration to a joint development project of an Estonian startup and an Estonian corporate.
- Sandvik Mining and Construction AB: Dr. Hamid-Reza Manouchehri, Global Manager, Process Intelligence and Development, from Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology AB.
- Geological Survey of Finland (GTK): Prof. Alan Butcher, Geological Survey of Finland.
- ProEkspert – software and design company working closely with industries. German-Estonian Business Industry 4.0 Award Winner 2017.
Challenges for participating start-ups and researches
For this event, the following industrial challenges will be proposed:
- Digitalisation of the production and processing lines;
- Monitoring of Safety, Health and Environmental Issues;
- Visualising and communicating of production activities to non-professionals (“Social License to Operate”).
We welcome the following technologies:
- Big Data: Analytics & 3D Visualisation, Virtual/Augmented Reality (AR/VR)
- Artificial and Cognitive intelligence in decision making,
- Cloud computing, advanced security,
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Experts/mentors are coming from:
Business Angels (EstBan, FiBAN members)
Tallinn Technical University
Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol – more than 10 years of tech start-ups incubation experience;
Prototron Fund – scouting, accelerating and granting tech ideas and TTU IP commercialisation supporting;
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications of Estonia – holding Industry 4.0 fostering programme in Estonia
Register here: https://www.lyyti.fi/p/Cross-Pitch
Ideas will be pre-assessed by Prototron, EIT RawMaterials and partners’ representatives. Shortlisted ideas may get pitch training prior the event.
|Oct 29th||Nov 14-15th||Nov 20th||Nov 23rd||Nov 23rd||Dec 7th – Mar 2018|
|Submit your idea (one-pager application) via this link||Get mentoring and pitch training.||Notification to shortlisted candidates. If you receive an email from us, RSVP ASAP.||Find your way to Tallinn on November 23th, 2017 and gear up for the cross-pitching||Pitch with Industry link that will be evaluated by our panel of judges||Winners get prototyping grant and FastPass to EIT Acceleration|